2-Year Anniversary & Adoption Event
- We are proud to announce that on November 20th, Michael’s Barkery will be celebrating our second anniversary. When our owners, Scott and Karen Patrohay, opened our doors in November of 2019, they did so with a simple goal in mind; create a store for pet lovers and a place where young adults with special needs can learn and grow on the job.
- Michael’s Barkery was founded with their son Michael in mind. Throughout Michael’s life, his parents have tried to choose paths for him that would not limit him because of his intellectual disability, but instead, focus on his strengths. Anyone who meets Michael will realize that he loves dogs, especially his dog, Sunshine. So, when it came time to do his high school senior project, with the goal of exploring career aspirations, the easy answer was for him to bake and sell dog treats. This small, inspired, event led to the vision and creation of Michael’s Barkery.
- Despite how challenging these first two years have been, Michael’s Barkery has withstood the trials and come out stronger and is continuing to grow. To celebrate our second year of being open, and to thank our wonderful customers and community for all of their support, we will be hosting an event. You can expect to find fun treats and activities such as:
- Food truck - Xperience Kulture: Xperience Kulture has everything from burgers, to tacos, to seafood baskets. You won’t leave hungry after visiting this food truck.
- Adoption - Hallie Hill Animal Sanctuary and Feral Cat Helpers: Hallie Hill Animal Sanctuary is located in Hollywood, SC, and the whole staff is dedicated to providing homes for every single animal in their care. Feral Cat Helpers, located off of Folly Road, has the same mission in mind; to home as many cats as possible.
- Doggy Cake - FREE cake to all dogs that come to celebrate with us: Our chef makes the most delectable dog cakes known to man…or dogs rather. Enjoy a free piece of cake for your furry friend.
- Giveaways - FREE giftbag for all customers: Not only is your dog getting free treats, so are YOU! Our gift bags are filled with all kinds of goodies that we’re going to keep secret until you arrive.