Team Rhys: Fundraising for Lymphoma
- Rhys, an 11-year-old Daniel Island resident, was diagnosed with T-cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma in July of 2020. Rhys has been resilient in his fight against cancer, and we’re more than happy to help raise money to fight alongside him!
- With the help of research and modern treatments founded by organizations such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS), Rhys’s cancer has been in remission since November. As a result of his chemotherapy, Rhys has endured numerous platelet and blood transfusions, hallucinations, two separate PICU admissions, and a seizure. In honor of this brave boy and others like him, Marsha Patel, a nominee for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Man & Woman of the Year, has put together a fundraising team: “Team Rhys”.
- Team Rhys is driven to raise $150K in ten weeks to help find cures and better treatments for blood cancer patients. We have decided to help support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) and Team Rhys in their fundraising goal. From now until May 1st, Michael’s Barkery will be selling special “Bite of Lymphoma'' treats. All of the proceeds made from these treats will be donated to Team Rhys and the LLS. By donating, we not only provide the funds to therapies and treatments that are saving lives, but it also provides the following:
- Training volunteers, who provide peer support to patients and their families.
- Online support groups for patients and caregivers coping with a blood cancer diagnosis.
- Nurses that provide patients and caregivers with clinical trial search navigation and support through LLS’s Clinical Trial Support Center.